Thursday, April 22, 2010

State Powerlifting


Troy squatting


Troy with Coach Dees and Coach Parish


Antez deadlifting


Ryan Self in a squat


Eight powerlifters went to Jackson Saturday for the state powerlifting championships and 3 place with Troymun taking 1st for the second time and setting two state records in the 1A 165-pound class for bench press (305) and squat (450) and Antez and Ryan took 3rd in their weight classes. Everyone lifted there personal best.

If you don't know about powerlifting (I really didn't until last year), here is the short version -- You have three lifts -- bench press, squat and deadlift. You get three chances to do each lift and your highest is recorded in each. The total weight determines how you finish.

Troy lifted a total of 1,175 pounds. WOW! That's all I can say. I was on the floor when he set the record for the bench press and it gave me chill bumps. It was awesome.

I feel like such a proud mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment