Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Minny's Chocolate Pie






Several months ago my co-worker attended a National library week event at the Durant Public Library where Lee Ann Fleming, food designer for "The Help" was the featured speaker.
Nancy came back with the recipe for Minny's Chocolate Pie minus the you know what.
It's a simple recipe!
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 T. Cocoa powder
1/4 cup melted butter
1 small can of sweetened condensed milk
1/4 t. Salt
1 t. Vanilla
2 eggs
1 unbanked 9" deep dish pie crust

Preheat to 350 degrees. Lightly prick pie crust with a fork. Mix ingredients and mix well with mixer until well combined. Pour into pie shell and bake for 50-55 minutes until set. Cool completely before serving. Serve with a dollop of cool whip. Enjoy!
I couldn't get the middle to set. Too much batter for my pie I suppose. I'm going to try again.
It smells wonderful and I'm letting it cool now.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment