Friday, September 25, 2009

The Blind Side

Last night I was watching the much anticipated season premiere for Grey's Anatomy and during a commercial break, I saw the preview for "The Blind Side" – the story of Ole Miss and Baltimore Raven offensive tackle Micheal Oher. At first I didn't catch that the film was about him but I soon remembered about the first time I heard of "Big Mike." A couple from Pontotoc traveled to Ole Miss to watch a football game and began talking to a couple. The couple said they were watching their son, Micheal Oher. The Tuohys adopted Micheal and took him from have no home and no education to graduating high school and college, into the NFL and most importantly to have a family. It's an inspiring story even if the element of football was removed. There is a YouTube link on the right side for the movie trailer and a little about the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment