Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Crazy Off Week

Since Ethel wasn't playing football and for the most part no one in our division was, we had been planning to visit our friends @ South Pontotoc.
During the course of events on Friday morning, long-time assistant coach and our very good friend Roger Chism was made the head coach. YES ON FRIDAY MORNING!

I think Paul knew about it before Roger did. The whole thing is crazy but, as we well know, South Pontotoc can be unpredictable place.

We were slightly worried that people would think that Paul wanted his old job back and that is definitely not the case. He did have a few offers though.

All the kids he coached are gone, our house finally sold and I have a job. So life @ South Pontotoc is just a distant memory.

However, when you get the same coaching crew (sans Coach Waldrop, who is in California), it's like we never left. I laughed so much my jaws hurt. We were a pretty tight-knit group of coaches and coaches' wives. I miss them dearly but I know they will always be a part of our lives.  We are hoping to go with the Chisms to Colorado this summer and have the Waldrops meet us.

I had planned on taking a photo of all of us together but I didn't -- guess I was taking the night off.

Next, on our agenda after going to be at 2 a.m. Saturday morning was to tailgate at MSU before the big game. It was a lot of fun but so HOT! My cupcakes melted. But we WON!

Sunday I got some sleep and we had an estate auction to work on Labor Day, where I had to set up a concession stand on the fly! That's another story.

Sometimes I wonder if we are ever going to slow down.....

No comments:

Post a Comment