Thursday, January 27, 2011

Mmmmmmmmm good!

Paul was going to a coaching clinic. So, I traveled to Rolling Fork on Saturday morning to spend the night with my mommy and daddy. Mom and I went to Lake Village, Ark., to Paul Michael's. And, man, did I spend some money! Bad stuff happens when I go there. At least it's once a year.

Daddy took us out to The Onward Store for steak and seafood. It's a convenience store in the town where Teddy Roosevelt didn't shoot the bear on a hunt. Really good food and I got to see Waye, Katie, Don and Harlie Beth -- My step-cousins whom I claim. :)

Then, Mama and I made Congo Bars. My Mimi always made them and we got out her wooden recipe box and started making them only to find out that we were out of milk. A flying trip to Dollar General at 8 at night and with milk in hand, we finished them.

They were delicious.

Recipe Box


Missing ingredient



It only calls for a pound of brown sugar

They smell delicious


Best served with cold milk!


No comments:

Post a Comment