Friday, August 23, 2013

Five on Friday -- The Football Edition

Tonight kicks off the Ethel Tiger Football Season and I thought it was fitting for my first Five on Friday to be about the sport I so dearly love and hate as a coach's wife. I mostly love it.



1. Tonight marks my husband's 25th year coaching football. It takes a lot of hard work and time away from me to get the job done right and he does it year in and year out. He is an awesome father to the fatherless, a role model, God-fearing man and most importantly "my coach" in life. This is the start of my 10th season by his side. Can you tell, I love him a little bit?


2. Put glitter on it! It's not "glitter" but Cake Mate Cupcake Gems in glittering gold. It's one of our school colors and I was so excited to find it at our local Wal-mart. I am sure there are a variety of colors. I hope a get glowing reviews on my cake after the game tonight. Food is better when it sparkles, right?



3. Decorations! Decorations! Decorations! I love to plan parties and organize all the little details. For our Fifth Quarter gathering in the field house with other coaches and their families, I found some darling table decor and paper products from The Dollar Tree of all places and Party City. Below is the Dollar Tree purchases.


4. Photo collage for the big 2-5! He hasn't seen this yet but since I take photos all the time, I thought it would be nice to do something to commemorate 25 years of coaching. The 2 was a little more challenging than the 5. I found this on Pintrest and a childhood friend Cameron Stimson did this for her mom's 60th birthday.


5. Football toes. I found this on Pintrest but my nails are a mess right now so I'm going for the toes tomorrow with gold glitter instead of green.



2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love your five on Friday!! Your 25 looks awesome!! It is harder than it looks right?!? I need to go to our dollar tree immediately and see if I can find that football decor! We're doing an Ole Miss football party for Beckett's 2nd!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is harder than it looks for sure! I got some cute paper lanterns in the shape of footballs at Party City. :)

      Delete