Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The corn is as high as an elephant's eye

 The nearly finished product. Just some salt & pepper and a little butter.

My mom took over the corn "scrapping" duties. I was washing the corn in the other side of the sink and it was splattering all over me.

My station with my bottle brush. Be gone silks!

Paul, Lisa and Daddy with the puppies, Gracie and Fetcher. They shucked and shucked.

The Harvest, well part of it. There will be more to come.

 The corn is as high as an elephant's eye.
–"Oh What a Beautiful Morning," Oklahoma -- the Musical. 

Fresh produce is something we always had in big supply growing up in Rolling Fork. We've always had a garden and fruit trees and my grandparents had a garden too. With my dad growing corn and soybeans, there is always a patch of sweet corn.

Before Paul and I arrived Saturday, my dad and sister, Lisa, had picked 400-plus of sweet corn and we all pitched and the end result was creamed corn! Canned creamed corn can not compare to this stuff. Yummy yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment