Sunday, April 14, 2013

Mason jar salads




Thanks to Pintrest I tried out mason jar salads last week with a healthy version of ranch dressing.

Greek yogurt Ranch
1/2 cup milk
1 cup of Greek plain yogurt
Ranch dressing package.
Mix and chill.

It's kind of tangy and its good for you too.

As for the salads, I ate four of the five I made. I think I need more variety.

Here is the placement.
Dressing
A dense veggie like chick peas, carrots or broccoli slaw shreds
Tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, and etc.
Raw mushrooms
Cheese
Meat -- ham or tuna -- in my case.
Choice of green leafy veggies. I use spring mix.

Pinterest has lots of suggested placements and recipes to try.
I did fruit cups for Paul and I for the next few days. I will blog about it later.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment