Sunday, October 10, 2010

Bad Friday all the way around

I just thought I had a cold and since it was Game Day and I was headed to Farmer Jim's Pumpkin Patch and Corn Maze to see my parents in Rolling Fork Saturday, I went to the doctor.

Well, it wasn't just a cold! I test positive for mycoplasma bacteria (that causes walking pneumonia) and it was all in my nose and throat.

I was determined to go to the ball game but since I was contagious and had to drive a good way, several people including Paul and my mom told me to stay at home.

I haven't missed a game since Paul and I were engaged that's at least 6 football seasons ago. It just killed me not going but I was able to get the score updates via text messaging.

We got beat 51-6 by West Oktibbeha and apparently, they have a QB that has a cannon for an arm and a receiving core that is the best we have seen.

Of course, I had to know all the details sick or not so we stayed up late talking once Paul got home.

I asked him what he said to the kids before the game and he said "I told them to play hard and that I loved them." And for the first time, the team told him -- "Love you to coach."

Even in defeat that has to make you smile. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment