Thursday, October 7, 2010

The game against the French Campers...

We got beat 34-6. It's been a tough year and we've got 5 more to go. They play hard -- really hard.

And while I was down on the sidelines with the boys, a school board member (whom I believe was trying to get votes for his upcoming election) was up in the stands and the nearby areas telling people that "we need a coaching change."

His first mistake was telling Paul's lifelong friend and then, two parents who are very supportive. Apparently the school board member even went in the press box and said as much.

Well, that's all it took for me. Those kids work to hard and their coaches just as hard. I was mad to say the least and if we hadn't been through a similar situation at a different school, I probably wouldn't have said anything to the board member.

Monday's Attala County School Board meeting comes around and the board member asks me "How am I doing?" Well, I told him. He denied saying those things several times. If you are going to say something, you better mean it and stand behind it. 

Not to mention that the football players were visible upset at practice on Monday because of that crap. 

I do not put up with crap like that. You don't mess with my husband, my family, my friends or those kids at Ethel High School. 

No comments:

Post a Comment