Sunday, January 29, 2012

The only way to get your husband to go to the grocery store is to. . .

BRING THE COUPONS!

We started back couponing at the Dees' household this Sunday afternoon. I worked on setting up my coupon binder complete with my baseball card plastic inserts. And I am not ashamed to take my binder with me because COUPONS are like MONEY!

We decided after some research to go to Madison because Kroger was having a pretty good sale and I could pick up a few things from Walgreens. Plus, hit up CVS.

If you didn't know, Kroger doubles coupons up to 55 cents. They were also having a buy selected 10 items and save $5. I guess one of our proudest purchases of the day was the Ragu Pasta Sauce. One sale for $1.59 + 50 cent off coupon + 50 cent off bonus = .59! Some .60 sent French's mustard. We ended up sending $19.83 in manufaturers coupons, $7.70 in bonus coupons and $33.94 in Kroger plus savings.

We did purchase some things that were on sale but no coupons. Still had a bunch of groceries for $75.00.

I finally figured out how the EXTREME Couponers get free toliet paper. I purchased some body wash and a few other items at Walgreens. With the purchase of these products, I got what they call "Extra Rewards" that can be used on your next purchase.

I took the "Extra Rewards" and put it toward a really good TP deal. Charmin 6 double rolls $2.99 - 25 cent coupon. Everything was basically free!!!!

At CVS, I picked up my Pantene and one of our favorite snacks -- Chex Mix. With my coupons and the sale, we paid $1.25 a bag.


No comments:

Post a Comment