Tuesday, August 20, 2013

I'm starting to realize how stressed out I was...

I had big plans after my position was eliminated at The Star-Herald. Blog more. Clean out the closets. Exercise more. Our house would be so clean and organized, it would look like one of those in a magazine.

And while some of those things have happened, our house is still not perfectly organized and clean and I haven't blogged as much as I like I've actually been busy.

I didn't take into account that I was be busy selling antiques in shops, at the auction and on Ebay. Oh yeah, there is this little thing called FOOTBALL that starts on Friday night.

It's easy to forget how I juggled reporting duties and photography outings at all times of the day and night and on the weekends while maintaining a household, running errands and selling antiques on the weekend. While I loved the photography, design work and sometimes the writing, the inter-workings at my job were not always the best and I would bring home those problems nightly. Of my six years, the last 1 1/2 to 2 years was very stressful to me and now I'm free.

I'm learning how to be Leslie and not Leslie, the Newspaper Editor. Trust me, I'm finding out there is a difference -- a slight difference. People more freely speak to me and I'm happy and stress free.

It's also interesting being out in the community and having "readers" tell you the opinion of the newspaper. And, while I have my opinions, I just says "thank you for the kinds words" and I keep my opinions to myself.

I do miss my co-workers dearly. It's hard to talk to them right now -- The biggest reason is that they are still at The Star-Herald and I'm not. It's an added strain on friendships right now. Over time, I think that will pass.

I'm still job hunting and without must success. Something will turn up.



No comments:

Post a Comment