Wednesday, January 4, 2012

I can hardly believe it....

Next year "my babies" will graduate. These are the first group of seventh grade football players Paul had at Ethel. Half of them were managers on the high school team them. Over time, they've dwindled down.
However one remains -- senior qb Bobby Potts.
He's followed me around on the sidelines with the goofy grin and a towel around his neck. Of course we would talk and that continues today. Don't get me wrong, I love all of them but some times a bond is stronger than than the rest.
Bobby was looking over photos I had take over the last 5 years and he said "I can't believe that's me." and "I feel like I'm getting ready to leave my family."
I'd already started to tear up remembering that jr. High kid that brought a few photos and other personal items to the field house to set up his coaching desk. My how time flies and how things change.

No comments:

Post a Comment