Monday, August 22, 2011

V-I-C-T-O-R-Y: Ethel 29, West Lincoln 20

 Brent Simmons & Co.
 Antez Hopkins
 Antez, Colby Mac and D.W.
Bobby Potts completes a pass to Ryan McKinley. 

We were very proud for the win over West Lincoln (Brookhaven) on Friday with a score of 29-20. I think the players were happy with the win as well but wanted to play better. And better they must play this coming week when we take on the South Pontotoc Cougars. 

In case, you don't know -- Paul was the head coach of the Cougars for 9 years and an assistant for one year prior to becoming the head coach. Also, Roger Chism is now the head coach. He was Paul's right  hand man and one of our dear friends. 

I know the kids are going to get up to play for this game.  I'm going to be on "pins and needles all week." 

I look forward to seeing lots of old friends and some of his former players! 

I've been hearing that at least three former South Pontotoc players will be dressed in Black and Gold and sitting with the Ethel fans!



No comments:

Post a Comment