Sunday, October 11, 2009

A disappointing effort


Usually I can find the silver lining in every loss but this time I can't. We lost by 20 points and from what I can tell, they wasn't much emotion after the game.
I guess my thoughts can best be described through this story...


It's after the homecoming game and a young man is sitting in locker room with his head ducked and tears are forming a puddle on the floor. Coach asks the youngster -- "What's wrong?"

He replies "We aren't going to the playoffs and we just lost the homecoming game. It's over."


His heart and his emotion was invested in his team and in the game. The funny part about that is that he doesn't even play the game.


Heart, emotion and effort sometimes count for more victories than skill and ability.



No comments:

Post a Comment