Thursday, March 8, 2012

And when all hope is lost. . .

We turn to prayer. We turn to God. We turn to our loved ones. We turn to our friends.
But what if we have none of those. . .What if we don't believe. . . What if we don't know where to go. . .

I am convinced everyday why my husband was chosen to come back home to Ethel High School. To help those who need it most. To help those who have no mother and no father. Those that live in squalor. To be a constant reminder that someone cares about them and they are not alone.

As like every spring since, we start to see which children aren't performing in school as they should. An alarming number of them are in the 7th and 8th grades. Every year it is a battle to see if they can get to the next grade level.

He has instituted a 7th and 8th grade study hall for those that need extra  help. I pray for some that it is enough and that it teaches them a lesson.

I can't imagine a world where a parent doesn't know how their child is doing in school.

Last year, a student failed and wasn't going to be able to play athletics. Paul had talked to him during the school year and told him "Whether or not, you play football for me is not what I'm worried about. I want you to make something of yourself and not be a dropout."

I just pray for these children and those that teach them.

“But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength. They will soar high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint.” Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment