Wednesday, December 4, 2013

And here's what you missing in Leslie's world...

1. We survived Paul's 25th football season (My 10th, well actually 9 1/2) and we won our last two games for a total of three wins on the season (one more than last year). We've had lots of ups and downs -- disciplinary problems and lots of injuries. That makes it hard in 1A football with 32 players but I'm proud of the way they continued to play hard and work as a team. There are also lots of players that aren't on the field that help make each Friday night an reality from our stat keepers to the parents to the wives and teachers on duty and of course, the cheerleaders and band. What really, really stinks is that I don't have many photos from the season since I am no longer working at the newspaper.



2. Over Thanksgiving Break, we took a trip to Branson. We had a really relaxing and chilly time. We did a lot of Christmas shopping and saw The Texas Tenors (They were on a season of America's Got Talent) and a capella group -- The Cat's Pajamas. We also did a little antique shopping and I got some metal cookie cutters just like my grandma's. Also, I have a great love of vintage Christmas decorations.



3. I am starting to assemble and make my own jewelry! I've been doing it for years for gifts and such and while, I'm still doing that this year I've toyed with the idea of selling some too. Maybe an Esty store or something. I love these!

No comments:

Post a Comment