Wednesday, January 9, 2013

But You're My Person

I find that writing this down helps me work through whatever I'm feeling and I would say the last two and a half days well my BFF has thrown me a curve ball.

It wasn't a total shock that he wanted to change jobs but there is "thinking about it" and then there is "I'm leaving." I tried to talk him out of it twice and Paul did too. He's stubborn as hell when he makes his mind up. And I do understand but I don't have to like it.

I really don't use the term BFF lightly. I've said before we are the oddest of friends but it works. My husband's profession as well as my own doesn't allow for many true friends.

I'm just being a big baby cause I won't see him as much and I won't have my "shadow" at every football game. And, quite frankly, it sucks! I'm not big on change.

When I felt like Paul needed a break from me being upset while my grandfather was dying in the hospital, it was my BFF who listened and advised and consoled me over text message.

I told him one night -- "You are my person. You know like Christina and Meredith on Grey's Anatomy."
Of course, he doesn't watch that show so I had to explain.
"If I murdered someone, you'd be the first person I'd call to help me drag the body across the living room floor."

I think he got a kick out of that.

And, regardless of where he goes, he's still my bestie. I wish my big brother would just stay put! :-)





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment