Sunday, January 13, 2013

Decisions, decisions

Life is full of them... Some easy...some hard. And, lately, I've had to make quite a few that are somewhere in the middle.

I vividly remember the day when South Pontotoc was no longer going to be our home but where we were going was not yet laid out before us. I had found some boxes and had begun packing up our dining room. I'm pretty sure Paul that I was nuts but I did it anyway. I knew it wasn't home anymore.

"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can can steer yourself where ever you choose. --Dr. Seuss

There were three choices on where to go and when it came down to it and after much discussion -- We chose Attala County as home. The good, the bad and the ugly of it all. It has been home since 07.

And, on that rare occurrence, when I think maybe things would be better if we chose differently...I think of all the things I would have missed out on and all the people I wouldn't know.

"Step with great care and great tact, cause life's a great balancing act." -- Dr. Seuss

When I'm in control of the decision making, it doesn't seem so bad but when others make decisions that's a different story.

Three years ago, Paul and I were friends with a couple that he'd known all his life. And, as in most cases, the wives became friends. We ate lunch together and hung out and chatted. I wouldn't say we were best friends but good friends and someone I felt like I could confide in.

Apparently, she didn't feel the same because when I asked her about a situation that affected all of us, she didn't tell me the truth.

And just like that we were friends no more.

"Sometimes the questions are complicated but the answers are simple." -- Dr. Seuss

Things that were put into motion that day have turned out pretty good for me in the end. I've got a very small group of friends that I completely trust. And a group is better than one. I've also got a bestie for a change.

"Be who you are and say what you mean because those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind." -- Dr. Seuss

I love everything that a newspaper stands for -- open forum that expresses all points of view and keeps the public informed of the comings and goings in there community. I've worked for a newspaper for the last 12 years.

However, the constant feeling of having my back against the wall is just something I've grown weary of.

And there are other things too -- To many to type.

I feel like a decision is needed from me but time will tell.

"Will you succeed? Yes you will indeed. Ninety eight and three quarters percent guaranteed." -- Dr. Seuss


Who knew Dr. Seuss was so wise?

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment