Saturday, September 28, 2013

Getting to know you...getting to know all about you...

Mississippi Women Bloggers
1. What is your favorite thing to do in your hometown?
Paul and I have lived in Kosciusko for 7 years but I still consider my hometown, Rolling Fork, in the Delta, my "home, home." In addition to visiting my family and church family, I love to ride with the windows rolled down and cruise the wide open flat land, eat a  Rolling Fork original "Chuck's Burger or Chicken Strip Basket, do a little shopping at The Green Apple, The Shoppe (which has lots of local and MS made items), and Deep Delta Drugs and Gifts, and just chill out with my family. We've also got several fabulous murals painted in town and several chainsaw carved 8-plus feet tall wooden bears around town that I enjoy photographing.
2. What is the best vacation spot in Mississippi?
Growing up so close to Vicksburg, I think I took the history for granted. You can have a unique shopping experience Downtown near the water front, locally owned restaurants including several B&Bs and of course there is the history -- the military park.
Next I would have to say Natchez. My parents have been twice and they've enjoyed several historical tours and shopping and eating at Fat Mama's for the weekend. Paul and I are going one day.
3. Tell us about the most fun date night idea in Mississippi.
Paul and I started dating in the middle of his football season about 10 years ago, so "fun" for us was just being together. We went to several MSU football games (we are both graduates) and dinner at Harvey's afterwards.
This may not be in MS but the Saturday morning his football season was completely over, he took me to Graceland (I'm an Elvis nut) and we did the complete tour and got souvenirs. We still laugh about how it rained and rained during our tour and we got soaked.
4. What is one fun fact that very few people know about you?
I'm left-handed and that makes me one of the chosen few to be in my "right mind" because the left side of our body is controlled by the right side of our brain.
5. Who is your favorite sports team (if you have one) and how did it start?
My Dad went to MSU and my parents lived right off campus for a semester after they were married so I was born to be a bulldog! By 6th grade, I would watch MSU football games with my dad with the sound turned down and Jack Cristal on the radio. My dad always watched the New Orleans Saints, no matter how much they lost back in the day and I even had a New Orleans Saints football of my very own.
6. What are your top three “Best Eats” in Mississippi?
1. Rusty's in Vickburg -- On the water and fresh seafood is flown in daily.
2. Little Dooey's in Starkville -- BBQ staple and I love their chicken strips. There seafood is good and I just love the atmosphere.
3. Onward Store in Onward -- It's the only landmark in the town that is where Teddy Roosevelt didn't shoot the bear while on a hunt. Recently remodeled with the history on display. Variety of food and I know the chef personally and he can dish it out. Variety of seafood, steaks, sandwich plates and daily lunch specials. Hamburgers and the Delta staple -- Tamales.
7. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
I see Paul and I with a child (biological or otherwise) and he will be retired from football but we will still go to football games on Friday nights. We will continue growing our antique business. I can see maybe an antique jewelry line in my future as well. I want to be at a good health weight which has been a constant struggle with me for my entire life.
8. If you could choose an actress to play you in real life, who would you choose and why?
Well, I don't think my life is that interesting but if someone wanted to tackle the role of me as the coach's wife then I guess I would pick Lost's Evangeline Lilly because she's about my age, came coloring and freckled. :)
9. What is a southern tradition you and your family have? (Note: Get your guest posts on “Traditions” ready for December!)
10. List 5 things on your Bucket List you hope to do before you die.
1. Fly on an airplane and go to someplace fabulous like Europe.  I'm afraid of heights and that would be a major deal.
2. Take my parents and immediate family on vacation. Growing up we went on vacation twice and I would like the chance to do that with them again. I'm thinking Disney.
3. Write a book. Not sure if it would be coach's wife related, a children's book or even a cook book.
4. Speak a foreign language. After four semesters of college Spanish, I can't speak hardly anything.
5. I just really can't think of a thing. My life is pretty good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment