Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Three weeks into the season and we are off this week....



Blogger's note: If you are new to my blog, then you know I primarily started it to chronicle our journey as my husband, Paul, coaches the Class 1A Ethel Tigers, and players that he coaches. So, just a little background before I jump right in to the current season. We moved to Kosciusko the summer of 2007 in a hurry because summer is a busy time for football coaches. Paul was getting to "go home" and coach on the very field he played on. There have been more losses than wins but the greatest reward we believe is being role models to these players we call our kids and they teach us too.

I feel like I've come full circle as a coach's wife. I started out in the bleachers at South Pontotoc and then onto Ethel Tiger field with my trusty camera for The Star-Herald and now I'm back in my chair on Friday nights. That part about me sitting in a chair is not quite true! I walk, sit, repeat. 

The first two weeks, I felt quite disconnected from the game and the team. There is just something about being on the sidelines at a game. However, week three for some reason was different.

We played the other Attala County High School -- McAdams. I always go directly onto the field when the game is over. I've been on the field after many games many many times. Before the team left the field, Paul always ends with a prayer and this time the guys wanted me in the circle with them. Such a sweet moment! Oh yeah, and we won 40-16, which is our first win of the season.

We also get a break from football this week as this is our "off" week and it's also Paul's birthday week.





No comments:

Post a Comment