Tuesday, October 18, 2011

So here's what's been going on...

This I promise will be the short version. I tested positive for mycoplasma bacteria/walking pneumonia on Sept. 6 and then I string of unfortunate events including not strong enough antibiotics and a lot of freaking out. And messing up my labs. On September 26, I made an appointment with my dad's ENT doctor in Vicksburg.

Two weeks of Cipro and by the way, you don't ever want to take Cipro. Lots of really bad side effects.

Then a week off meds, then return to V'burg for a CT scan of my sinus and two doctor's appointments -- one with an ENT and one with infectious disease doctor.

CT was fine with no blockages. The blood cultures have to "grow" for 6 days before they will know if I still am carrying the mycoplasma bacteria.

So, for now I'm fine. Hopefully, I will continue to be that way.

Leslie

No comments:

Post a Comment