Friday, March 2, 2012

I am a coach's wife

Found this entry on another blog and thought I would share.

I am a Coach's Wife
I am a Coach's Wife, I am married to a football coach. He is best kind of coach, the kind that you want to coach your child, the kind that is there for all of the right reasons, the kind that would give his own life to save the life of one of his players. I move often, my closet is a sea of colors from every school that we have been at. We have been Tigers twice, a Pirate and now we are Vikings. I cheer for not one child but every child. I don't have a son on the team or a daughter on the sidelines but in my heart they are all mine. I care for them as I hope to care for my own one day, their victories are my victories and their heartbreaks I share.
I am a coach's wife. I can change colors over night and cheer on a different group of boys from Fall to Fall. I give up my husband and my life for 5 months so that he can be a mentor to a child. He misses birthdays and anniversary's, party's and get together's, we eat apart all but one night a week and on Friday nights I come home to an empty house. We have been broke, we have been poor, we have lived apart for months, we have given our last dollar to a child in need, we have celebrated and laughed, we have hugged and cried. We are a WE and WE are a coaching family.
And tonight as I watch my husband warm up his boys and help carry them to a victory you will not find anyone more proud in the stands then me. Because it does not matter to me if we win or lose, in my heart its how WE played the game!

“WE are just riding the train. Someday they are going to ask us all to get off. Owners, coaches, players and there are going to be new owners, new coaches, and new players. We should not be bitter about that because the experience of being on that train was so great.” ~Bill Parcells
Channa, Life as a Coaches Wife at 3:02 PM

No comments:

Post a Comment